[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Formal methods in undergraduate curriculum?

Jacob,

I'm glad to hear of your experience using Larch in a Software Specification
Techniques course.  Would you like to be added to the
larch-interest@src.dec.com mailing list?  It's low-traffic, but I think the
average quality is pretty good.

Jim H.

PS We knew the book would not be an adequate textbook, but decided that it
was better to document the tools than to wait until we had time to produce
a book along the lines of Liskov and Guttag's Abstraction and Specification
in Program Development, but based on formal specification.

Now that you have some experience indicating what is needed in a textbook,
you might consider writing one yourself...