[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: How do I put proof obs onto operator args?

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm specifying the Galileo tape drive in larch/LSL, as part of an
investigation into the use of practical formal specifications in real projects
where cost uppers aren't appropriate. As part of the specification, I
have functions like op_xxx(sv) == set_state(sv,xxx) to map
the state vector to that that is appropriate for entry into some state,
and I wanted to specify constraints such as those states that can enter
into a given state. I can do it by validating such as
  op_xxx(sv) == set_state(P(sv),xxx))
and adding a member to the statevec sv tuple that indicates that something
invalid happened, then prove that nothing invalid happens.
That seems a bit convolved, though. I was looking for something more
obvious. Your conditional equations seem to be what I'm looking for.
Anything published yet? When will LP et al know about them?

Thanks!